Regional Governor Duties
I. Serve as a liaison between your region and the general membership
- Notify the Vice-president of Association and the Awards Committee of any retirees or people who have done outstanding service, etc.
- Recruit new schools from your region to join Phi Rho Pi and to attend the National Tournament.
- Send names of new schools to the Vice-president of Association.
- Send names of prospective committee members to the President.
- Send names of people from your region interested in running for a Phi Rho Pi office to the nominations committee.
- Notify the Vice-president of Association about any new coaches in your region.
- At the request of the Vice-president of Tournament, submit parliamentary debate, impromptu speaking, and extemporaneous speaking topics.
- Attend the Regional Governors Meeting, held on the day before the tournament begins. This is an important meeting!
- Introduce new coaches/schools at the Judge's Meeting, held the day before the tournament begins.
- Attend the New Coaches'Reception, held on the day before the tournament, to become acquainted with our new members and to let them get to know some of the leaders in Phi Rho Pi.
- Conduct a regional meeting at the National Tournament for the purpose of electing officers or any other necessary regional business. If you have a regional meeting during the year and you have no real business this meeting is optional.
REMEMBER: At the 1985 meeting we revised the Bylaws, Article II, B, D, to read: Regional Governors shall serve a term of two years and may be re-e/ected. Each region shall e/ect its Governor at a time and p/ace it se/ects but must report the name of the Governor each year at the National Convention Tournament. Please notify the Vice-president of Association of any changes.
- Assist the officers in enforcing the curfew rule. Regional Governors will be asked to patrol the halls on a rotation basis to make sure students respect the curfew rules. Any violators will be reported to the student's coach and to the Tournament Committee for appropriate punitive action.
- Assist the Vice-president for Tournament in presenting awards at the National Tournament.
- Send program ideas for the next year's National Communication Association's National Convention.
- Send program ideas for our National Tournament.
- Strongly encourage regional members to submit proposals and program ideas for Phi Rho Pi sponsored panels at NCA.